Thursday, December 6, 2012

Le Chat

Grigris came into my life when I had just arrived in France, living alone in a tiny apartment (less than 60 square feet, on two levels. My neighbor once saw me leaving and was quite surprised that I lived there, as he had always thought that my apartment was the utility closet), and was quite lonely. 



How can you not smile at a face like that waking you up each morning?

I'm quite proud of the name I gave Grigris; in French, "gris" is of course the word for gray (and he's a gray tabby) and the word "grigri" means a good luck charm. 

When I first adopted Grigris, he was the tiniest runt of the litter. Somehow though, we went from this...



to this...



Regardless, he'll always be my baby kitten!

3 comments:

  1. Grigris is so adorable! My favorite picture of him is the closeup! What a sweet little face. It's amazing how much love and companionship animals can provide, isn't it?

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I would live without him now. He's been with me through thick and thin and 3 countries!

      Delete
  2. aww – what a little sweet pea! i'm mildy, totally & completely obsessed with mon chat. he's just been such a little light in my life. {even when he wakes me up @ 4AM because somehow it is I who has infringed on his sleeping space}

    ReplyDelete